Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The trunk show continues!



I was so pleased to have this table runner I designed back in my possesion.  I've placed it on my treddle sewing machine. 

We are counting down the days until my daughters wedding.  It will be a simple affair taking place up in the mountains.  It is so appropriate for them because of their love for the great outdoors!  In fact they are on a river trip at the present time.  Jess, the fellow Katrina will be marrying is a river guide.  He has promised to take me on a trip sometime......one that is calm!  Katrina has decided she wants some flag buntings to hang from the trees over the wedding site, so I am in the process of sewing the flags in her wedding colors to ribbon.  My wonderful friends in my little quilt group assisted in cutting them all out.

Abbie and I had a shower in the park for Katrina before Abbie left for Ohio.  It was a beautiful day and the food turned out well, and we had a great time.  I thought I'd share a little chocolate cookie I made that I found on pinterest.  It was easy to make, and I returned home with an empty plateYou take a chocolate devils food cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of oil.  I also added some milk chocolate chips.  Mix well and drop spoonfuls onto parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes, depending on how hot your oven is.  You do not want to over bake them.  While they are still hot, press an Andes mint unto the top of each cookie.  When it melts, swirl it over the top of the cookie.......how easy is that for a quick treat!
Today's quote..."A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize how blessed you are." -  amazon.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment