Tuesday, August 6, 2013

More Show and Tell



INSThere is a wonderful group of women who meet at a local quilt shop called Elaine's Quilt Block.  It is within walking distance for me........that could be problematic don't you think.  One of the sweet ladies who works there has been requesting hot muffins!  I intend doing that some fall morning after the wedding is over and a sundry of other things that are on my plate.  Now back to the rest of the story........we meet once a month and the drawing factor is the lovely discount we are given that eve. at the store, but we are all drawn together by our love of quilting, and a sense of sisterhood that has developed amongst us, but also for 'show and tell'. We started out under the Jan Patek girl gang umbrella, but now we just meet because!  We share a treat, each others friendship, and receive help from each other and INSPIRATION........Now where was I going with all of this?  Oh yes, this is an adaption of a Jan Patek, which I made many years ago.  Actually its also partly from someone else's design, but I can not recall to give the proper recognition.  I wanted the three birds at the top because of my three children.  Then at the bottom I placed the verse,"Home where our feet may leave but never our hearts." I finished my putting the date our home was established and the names of my children with their birth dates.........I love for my quilts to be meaningful to me, so once again this is how I accomplished that.
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echos are truly endless".  -Mother Teresa
Thank-you to my readers.....your kind words echo throughout my heart through the day.




Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely and meaningful quilt!! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet quilt. I too, love making projects with meaning. Lucky YOU to live so close to Elaine's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design. Will you be able to make this your own pattern? BTW I really like seeing your projects and reading your inspirational quotes each day. Thanks! Angela in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this will not be a pattern for me to publish.....perhaps someday I will do something similar but different.....make it my own! Thank you Angela

      Delete
  4. That quilt is truly beautiful in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. When a quilt has meaning it definitely makes it more beautiful.

      Delete