Monday, August 19, 2013

Utah Peaches



How about these beauties!!  I so look forward to fresh peaches at the farmers market.  We brought home a box, where I proceeded to eat one standing over the kitchen sink with juice dripping off my chin.  I hold special memories of doing this very thing with my daughter Abbie.  One doesn't realize at the time how precious these memories are until she moves half way across the country and isn't here having peach juice drip off her chin!
Today I thought would be a good day to share my favorite Peach Cobbler recipe that came from a Taste Of Home magazine.  4 cups of sliced peeled peaches, mixed with 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp. almond extract.  Set aside.  Combine 3/4 cup flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, pinch of salt and 3/4 cup of milk.  Pour 1/2 cup of butter which has been melted in a 2 quart dish.  Pour the combined flour mixture over the butter.  DO NOT STIR.  Place the peaches over the top and bake At 350 degrees for 50 -55 minutes.  Give it a try, you'll like it!  Sometimes I toss a few blueberries in.
I want to share an e-mail I received in reference to my post on The Respect Labor Design.  "I thought about those little bees wings and thought that it is better to wear out than to rust.  I've always held to the idea that I want my life worn out in serving others....not content to just sit on my porch and die of boredom.  Sort of like those little bees, who fly to and fro looking for sweetness in their lives, until they are worn out in service.  Where would we be without them!  It would be a boring, flowerless fruitless world".  Bonnie Miles
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the recipe! Beatrice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful email from Bonnie-more food for thought. Have you noticed the kind of people drawn to you, your blog, and designs? Very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have....it warms my heart...as the little sign states, Soul Soothing! I'm thrilled by all of the wonderful friends I am meeting through the cloud!!!!!

      Delete