Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day



Labor Day......the yearly national tribute to the contribution workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well being of their country.  Mainly for most of us it is a day off from work, more time to be spent with our family and friends, one last fling of summer. I remember when it use to signify that wearing white shoes was no longer acceptable after Labor Day.  I hardly think that applies any more.  Anything seems to go now days!  At our house it seems to be the beginning of football season.  I sit and listen and stitch while my husband is master of the remote.....something most husbands excel at.  I rather enjoy this time we spend together.......I wouldn't near so much if it wasn't for my hand work.

Some of my readers have asked about where I get my homespuns and wonderful wovens that I work with most of the time.  Well, just look at the fabulous fabrics I've pictured here.  They are Diamond Textiles.  The colors and textures are simply wonderful, and I can hardly wait to use them.  I simply need to squeeze in the time for something for Fall.  So many ideas and so little time.  Also, someone asked me if I make my designs of if I have someone sewing for me.  So far, I do all of my own sewing.  I'm just too passionate about this not to do the entire process myself.  I just wish I had time to hand quilt, because I enjoy that too.

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearning of the human soul".  -Elder Uchtdorf
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment