Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

 
 
 
More of Sweet Lavender today, but first let me say how hopeful I am about the new year.  There is so much on my list to accomplish, places I want to go, and what I want to become.  There is something about starting over with a fresh new year that causes one to set goals and to re purpose"Now let us welcome the New Year.  Full of things that have never been"....Mary Englebreit.
 
The beautiful table runner above is by Primitive Gatherings......and I love it.
 
 


 
 
 
There is fabric and more fabric.  Peggy has a representation of all types of fabric.  She also has a basement of close out fabrics that are at a reduced price......some old fabric that have long disappeared.  I picked up a few of these old friends......and was happy to find them once again. She also has wool .....just not pictured here.
 
 
 
 



  
You have to take your time because there is much to see and enjoy and to contemplate making.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
I loved these wool pillows and the runner on the table.....so rich and beautiful.
 
 
 




Another angle of the table.  Peggy does a lot of Needle Love projects.  She also has a flair for the more contemporary bright and artistic projects by Kaffe and other designers who work with similar color palettes.  My eye just gravitated to what I happen to prefer.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Absolutely fell in love with this beautiful wool Christmas stocking by Primitive Gatherings.  There are many great Christmas stockings, however this one is exceptional.  When made it would be an heirloom for years to come.
 
 
 






I'll close on this happy note for today.......I have admired this peacock from a book by Alma Allen and Barb Adams for quite some time.  The book came out a few years back, and I wanted to make it in my style, but have never gotten to do it........so it was special to see it once again.
 
 
 
In the words of Oprah Winfrey, "Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right."

4 comments:

  1. Wish you Norma all the best for this year !
    Bisous, bisous,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy's shop IS awesome! Did you ever visit when she owned Fibers & Twigs in Ogden? And I think there was another store before that in SLC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle....yes I visited Fibers and Twigs and it was Quilter's Quarters in S.L.

      Delete