Monday, March 3, 2014

Nest Building

 
 
 
Good Morning!  I've been sitting here by my computer watching a pair of doves building their nest.  They caught my attention when I spotted one of them flying into the pine tree with a twig in it's beak.  Oh how I love these sweet gentle birds. To here their coo on an early morning,  somehow reaches deep within me and touches my very soul.  Enough said about my feathered friends......moving on to the quilt.  This is a basket quilt I put together in 2007.  I collected basket patterns and put them in a quilt.  I have a plethora of different basket patterns and am considering turning my favorite into a new quilt.  There is something about these vintage fabrics that I really do love.
 
 

  
 
 
Just a few close ups......
 
 
  
 
 
I included the nosegay......as you can see, the quilter did a fantastic job.
 
 
 
 
 
At this point my husband's arms got the shakes so he decided I had taken enough close up photos.  Thought that perhaps this quilt would bring a little spring to my readers who are still living with freezer type temperatures and receiving still more snow.........just put the gardening thoughts away for a bit and continue to enjoy your stitching time.
 
 
"Its Spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've go it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so".    -Mark Twain
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your daily posts and you always show such great inspiration. Thank you for that. This is a nice springy quilt to enjoy snippets of - because it's dang cold outside my window :).
    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have first hand reports from my family that it is indeed dang cold! Will you be at spring market? I would love to see you and Anne. I wish I had Anne's email address, could you share it with me? Hugs back at ya!

      Delete
    2. I will be at spring market - looking forward to it and to see your new things up close and personal lol. Hubby is actually coming with me - then we will do some sight seeing. How can I email you Anne's address?

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the waft of spring and Mark Twain's quote. . . so appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear someone else likes the cooing of doves! My husband & son, for whatever reason, find the sound annoying! I used to get a pair of doves making a nest in my hanging basket each spring but that stopped a few years ago. Hopefully they just moved on and nothing happened to them! Wishing for Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the cooing of the doves so comforting. In fact I like to take my breakfast out on the patio on a summer morning so I have the doves cooing in the back ground.....serenity!

    ReplyDelete