Thursday, July 17, 2014

With needle and thread.....

 
 
 
,,,,,I'm ready to set out on the road to Ohio.  I spent a full, busy day yesterday and have some stitching ready to go.
 
 
 
We have upgraded our computer and something happened......I'm not certain what, but this finished piece is actually square.  The branches on the bottom border will have bittersweet berries on them.  However, so as not to loose them, I'll add them as I go along.  I'll just cut little squares of wool and round off the corners.....as simple as that!

 

 
Marcus Fabric Company is now making beautiful wool, and it felts beautifully and is off excellent quality.  The noticed that I work with wool, and so they sent me a box with several of their colors.  This is what I came up with.  I'm still determining if it needs something top center.  And I'm going to fancy up the flowers just a bit.......maybe add some stripes to the yellow area or some dots.
 
 
I will not be blogging until I return home, which I expect to be around the 28th.  In the meantime hoping you happy full days......with some time for stitching and to be carried away in a great book.
 
 
"No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning to his wallet.  It is the heart that makes a man rich."   - Henry Ward Beecher

3 comments:

  1. What if you just used a word or phrase in place of another wool element? Isn't wool just luscious to work with ? It is my new love. Have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is kind of what I am thinking......I guess great minds think a like. Ha! :-))

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful journey and enjoy your time with family ad friends; it refills the heart!

    ReplyDelete