Thursday, February 19, 2015

I fibbed.......

 
 
....but I didn't mean too.  I was having just way too good a time and when my nephew suggested I fly home on a later date........I found out I could do that for 36.00 dollars on Alegiant Air.  Can't beat that price, so I extended my trip and time with family and just arrived home.
 
 

My nephew Ron and his sweet family made us very welcome, and we enjoyed the resort style of living. I spent my days out by the pool stitching and enjoying the company of my family.  There was a dove family who had a nest in the crook of the palm tree on the left.  The mother dove spent most of her time sitting on the nest, and on occasion the dad dove would fly in and relieve her........it was fun to watch. There was a blackbird that was disturbing her peace, which prompted me to grab my sister's cane and chase him off.
 

 
Renee, Ron's wife spends time keeping the yard beautiful.
 


Many games of baci ball were played.  The court is lit so games were played after dark when the air was still and cool.
 

 
Here is the guest casasita.

 
 
 

The guest services was over the top.  This is the doughnut that was brought to me the morning of the day I returned home.......enormous but delicious
 
 
I hope to repeat this again next year.
 

My brother helped me out......and not just him my sister helped out too.
 

 
While I was stitching my sis was also.  She went through her scraps and was working on Field of Flowers.  As you can see, it works in any color combination.


 
This is the next page divider in the journal I will be giving away soon.
 
"The minute you begin to do what you really want to do, it's really a different kind of life."
-Buckminster Fuller
 
Now that I'm home again, I really need to concentrate on getting ready for Spring Quilt Market which will be held in May in Minneapolis.  I've missed chatting with you all and am happy to return to my routine.  However, my heart is full and happy after spending time with my family.


5 comments:

  1. I can see why you stayed longer--it looks like a wonderful time--and those doughnuts are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good you were able to squeeze in a little extra family time. Does the heart good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful setting, fun times...and that donut???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you were living in the lap of luxury while you were gone - how delightful! I've been doing a Smashbook for the last few months and it's so much fun! Welcome home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete