Monday, March 16, 2015

Home Again...

 
 
....but not for long.  At the end of this week I will be going to Ohio for a visit to see my dear little grandson, and his parents. :-)
 
But first I will share a bit of my wonderful trip to Oregon.  I'll start at the beginning.  Julie Kursave and a new friend Jan Warner met my plane at the airport.  They had great plans to start off my Oregon adventure.  We headed into Washington and our destination was Carriage Country Quilts, and what a special treat that was.

 
Jan took this picture of Julie and I in front of the charming quilt store which was filled with enticing goodness.
 

I was pleased to see my design Don't Count Sheep made into a pillow.
 

 
I fell in love with these adorable dolls, a design by Wooden Spools.  They have a matching mat to sit on.

 
Everywhere I looked there was inspiration.  If you are in the area, this is a must visit quilt shop.
 
 
There were lovely displays in every room of this charming house, the perfect home for a quilt shop. 

 




 
I do remember that this is a Bunny Hill design.

 

 
As you can see, every nook and cranny was filled with goodies!


The blue skies, sunshine, spring blossoms, and the companionship of two sweet ladies made for the perfect first day of my trip.  Tomorrow I will share an amazing shop we visited on the way back to Portland.
 

 
I have a dilemma. The person who was the first to respond for winning this journal, never sent me her name and address......so I'll try again.  The first person to respond with there full address, will receive this journal.  Also, the drawing for March will be held on this coming Wednesday.  Many have entered and I find that exciting. Just a reminder, that the winners are notified by reading my blog, so I guess you must be present to win!
 
I'm happy to be home and have been renewed and inspired to create.  First I will announce that the kits are made for the rabbit table topper called Living in the Sunlight. Besides making kits I nearly have a new applique kit finished which I will show you soon, and I have something else started, so that I will have some stitching to do on my trip to Ohio.
 
"Work while you have the light.  You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."  -Henri Fredric Amiel


8 comments:

  1. Loretta Swan
    50350 Hwy 197
    Maupin, Or 97037

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! Thanks for the wonderful pics, quite inspiring....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to win!! Thanks, Dee Fowler
    241 W Mountain Sky Ave
    Phoenix AZ 85045

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a terrific opportunity! I always look forward to reading your posts and enjoying the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi Henschel would love it!
    208-1150 Quayside Drive.
    New Westminster B.C.
    V3M 6 E1

    Good luck to the winner, I'm sure I'm too late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I responded immediately after reasing I had won. I wondered why it was taking so long. I will send another email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be in so much trouble in that quilt shop. It looks amazing. I love your Don't Count Sheep pattern, I will be ordering that one. Hugs,
    Sandi Szilagyi
    302 Meadow Lane, Enterprise, AL 36330

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome trip. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete