Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Early Summer......

 
 
...my favorite time to enjoy our patio.  The weather is not yet too hot and the flowers are still vibrant and haven't been plagued by the sun and wind yet.  The mornings are the best.......still and peaceful and the air is sweet and fresh.  Bruce and I love this little cozy haven.  We have down sized into a smaller space and along with that comes a much more small and manageable yard.  All of this has given us more freedom and time to pursue other things which we enjoy.  I thought I'd share a bit of our out door space with you .
 
 
Feeling patriotic.....I love this holder which accommodates 3 flags.  This is the post holding up the overhang of our front porch.
 

 
On this cross beam, Mrs. Robin decided to build her nest, and this makes me so very happy! :-)
She takes care and can be found there most of the day.

 
This pot hangs out on my front step.  I planted this hosta there a couple of years ago, and now I look forward to it's return every spring.  I have tucked in a begonia to keep it company.  They both enjoy the early morning sun and then the shade.  Yes, life is good.

 

 
Just recently the back yard became fenced......and this is the new gate. This is a good thing because it keeps traveling neighborhood dogs out and my dear sweet grand dogs in. Behind the bushes on the left side is where Bruce scatters bird seed for the quail on the top ledge of the fence.  In fact they enjoy seed on the entire fence surrounding our yard.  We have counted over a dozen quail up there having dinner at one time.  We love them.


This picture didn't turn out, but oh well!  The picture is of a wire basket on a stand that is lined with moss, and nearly my entire blooming garden.  Behind it is a honeysuckle that delights the senses!
 

 
Surrounding the patio are more hostas. They are so lush and vibrant.......but I'm always on the hunt for the snails, as they certainly do enjoy munching on them.


A couple of summers ago, Chad built me this deal.....he used concrete to stabilize the post in the pot and also used pipe to provide drainage through the cement.  Then we filled it with soil and planted this Virginia Creeper in it and attached a bird house and a feeder.  Something else that returns to visit every spring.
 

 
The blue green color of this hosta is such a great contrast from the other greens.
 
 
Oh, yes.......There is a pot of lavender which is getting ready to bloom.  That will be divine while the blooms last.  The other pots are mint and lobelia with licorice root.  Small and sweet.  That is where I enjoy my breakfast every morning, reading and enjoying bird song.  Often times this is also where we spend our evening time.....with dinner and again a book.
 
"Remember that feeling as a child when you woke up and the morning smiled.  It's time you felt like that again."  -Taj Mahal
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely yard! I especially like your idea of putting the Virginia Creeper in a pot to contain it - I think I might try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a peaceful little area. Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. magnificent submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this
    sector do not notice this. You must continue your writing.
    I am confident, you've a great readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete