Friday, July 10, 2015

Heading in to another weekend....

 
 
How time does fly, seems to be a common thread of conversation amongst my friends.  Perhaps it is because we are getting older......don't misunderstand me, I feel very young at heart and don't focus on numbers.  However, every Monday I think .....I have this entire week ahead of me and I plan all that I wish to accomplish, and then the next thing I know, it is the week end rolling round once again.  I'm not certain where I found this piece about 'Time', or even who the author is, but I want to share it with you.
 
Time is Valuable
To understand the value of one year:  Ask a student who has failed a final exam.
To understand the value of one month:  Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.
To understand the value of one week:  Ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
To understand the value of one day:  Ask a daily wage laborer who has ten kids to feed.
To understand the value of one hour:  Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
To understand the value of one minute: Ask the person who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To understand the value of one second: Ask a person who has survived an accident.
To understand the value of one millisecond:  Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics.
Treasure every moment you have.
 
 
One of the quilt groups which I look forward to every month, met this past week.  This last time we met was an especially enjoyable evening.  Leslie brought some yummy caramel corn which we munched on during the evening.  It is a super easy recipe which I will share with you. 
These are the adorable little slippers Leslie just knit....her knitting needles have been busy.
 

 
And here is another strip quilt which she has made and is in the process of quilting for her friend who has M.S.  Carol used to quilt, but now that she is unable too, she gave Leslie some of her scraps which she used to make this quilt.  It has a soft and cozy fabric on the back which will make it especially comforting to snuggle under.

 
This is a quilt which Leslie just received back from the quilter.  It was a hand applique project which she hauled around a bit.....a quarter circle is appliqued in each corner of a muslin square.  A quilt that looks to be vintage.
 
Caramel Corn
2 bags of microwave popcorn popped and placed in a large bowl.
1 cube of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 Tab. Karo syrup
1/2 tsp. vanilla
12 large marshmallows.  Heat in a saucepan just until the ingredients are melted and combined.  Pour over the popcorn.....and YUM!
 
I'll finish off this blog entry with this little paragraph which I collected from somewhere, I'm just not sure where...
"I am here to be helpful.  I can take care of myself so that I can take care of others.  Although the tasks I do may seem small or unimportant, I contribute light and healing by the very fact that I show up and care.  I remember that the only correct way to do anything is to do it with love.  I bless myself by helping others.  I am rich with the gifts of compassion, understanding, joy and hope that I freely give.  I believe that one person can make a difference."  -unknown
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment