Wednesday, May 4, 2016

About the food!



I absolutely love reading and hearing about food!  I don't enjoy cooking like I used to, however.   Katrina cooked pork tenderloins on the grill and they were fabulous.  First she marinated them over night, then dried them off and applied a spicy rub.  Jess finished them off by grilling them to perfection!


The tenderloin was accompanied by this colorful and tasty cabbage salad which Katrina made.  Abbie made a cauliflower dish which was really tasty and different.  She ground up cauliflower and sautéed it in butter and olive oil along with onion and garlic.


I contributed fresh fruit......which included sour cream and brown sugar for the strawberries to be dipped in.......very yummy!  And then a blueberry coffee cake off Pinterest.  It was a splendid recipe and I will share the recipe which I took from, www.afamilyfeast.com/blueberry-buckle/
For the cake
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups fresh blueberries.

For the cake topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Cream together butter and sugar.  add the egg and the milk and blend until light and fluffy.  Now add the dry ingredients and then fold in the blueberries.  Spoon into a greased and floured 8 x 10 inch pan.
To make the topping, combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.  With a pastry blender cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly.  spread over the cake and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.

"A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make trees."  -Amelia Earhart

I almost forgot, but I wanted to share a little from Katrina and Jess's home.


This is the quilt which I made for their wedding quilt.  Or I should say I designed and made it and then Katrina claimed it! :-)


This is the quilt which I made for Katrina from fabric I purchased while visiting her in Japan.


I love this wedding photo of them.


I am proud of Katrina's accomplishment in covering these cushion for their out door furniture.


This piece was hand carved for them for their wedding.


And.....this is how they protect their garden boxes from their dogs who love to dig.



2 comments:

  1. The two quilts you show that were given to Katrina sparked my interest. The one had curved pieced blocks in the border and the other in the main body of the quilt. I love these! Are they traditional drunkard's path blocks...or are they made with the mini moon templates? I usually see these in bright Kaffe fabrics but i really like how you have used them here. Lovely and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I've been mulling over what to bring to my Mom's when I go for a visit on Friday. This sounds like just the perfect thing to bring.

    ReplyDelete