Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day




"Thou that hast given so much to me, give one thing more.....a grateful heart."  -George Herbert

I felt this quote was appropriate for today, and everyday as well.  But especially today in the celebration of Memorial Day.  I have a grateful heart for the sacrifice of so many who allow me to enjoy the life I live today.  And on this note, I want to down load the two patriotic creations I just completed and will be proud to hang.






America the Beautiful......I created this a few years ago and just remembered to pull it out once again.....Oh beautiful for hero's proved in liberating strife.  Who more than self their country loved and mercy more than life.  -Katherine Lee Bates


A couple of great patriotic rugs I saw the other day.



Now I'm back at Corn Wagon....still more to share from you from this amazing quilt shop.  Wouldn't this be a quick and easy cozy quilt to make.


I love how they display their quilts......they hang them from the ceiling which allows you to see just how wonderful they are.


Soft, feminine and so sweet and lovely!


A Laundry Baskets quilt.....I've always loved this pine tree pattern.


Nothing beets a nine patch......especially when it makes a house!


Corn Wagon has had perfectly gorgeous kits for my Navajo Code Talker pattern which is displayed here.


Wool scraps for 4 cents an inch.  What a delightful dig!!!


I love this quilt rack.....I wish someone would be making these.  The person who made this one no longer has them for sale.


A cute hooked rug.  Enjoy your day with family and friends.....make the day count, and fill it with precious memories!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun post--I haven't been to Corn Wagon in years!
    Love your Navajo Code Talker design. Hope to make it someday.
    That is a wonderful quilt rack!

    ReplyDelete