Wednesday, July 13, 2016

A bit more....




....from J. J. Stitches.


I've heard from several of you who believe that simple is best.  The quilts you've seen at J. J. Stitches can back up that sentiment.  This stunning quilt hangs over the doorway into the room of pastels and baby type fabrics.


This quilt beautifully showcases the gorgeous red floral fabric  Notice how the flying geese are quilted.


Courthouse steps.....I love this design.


The garden banner out of wool was whimsical and charming hanging from a twig.


I absolutely loved these two quilts. They both appear to be antiques and are hand quilted.  I love how some of the blocks are pieced to make a large enough piece to use.......so charming and is a perfect example of making do!  They each have some of the same fabrics.  Perhaps the lady who made them had such a good thing going that she decided to make two.



I'm sorry this sign can not be read....it pertained to quilting and looked to be quite old.


Another look at how this star created another secondary design.


And this is hanging on my design wall.  Three more rows to go and then the border.  I'm enjoying working on it just a bit every day.  I have all of the blocks cut out.....I love picking out the fabrics and seeing how the blocks turn out.  There will be applique blocks in the top corner squares in the border.  I figured them out yesterday.


I made this wee quilt to hang on the board I purchased from the booth of Red Door Designs at the Road to California.


This is a new fabulous book I purchased.  You will love it if you've enjoyed the quilts you've seen on my blog the last few days.  This is the second book which Quilt Mania has done of Linda Koenig's designs.......and they are both 2 of my very favorite books to look at when I need to be inspired.

Now for todays drawing- the three names drawn are:  Delores Somers, Carol Gouveia and Paula DiMattei.  Please mail me with your pattern choice and don't forget to include your mailing address.

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being.  Each of owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light."  - Albert Schweitzer


5 comments:

  1. Love what's hanging on your design wall!!! Your fabric choices are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye candy!
    The quilt in progress is gorgeous. And I love the little bird quilt. So sweet.
    I'll keep an eye out for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat it has been to go along on your quilt shop road trip! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilt in progress and can't wait to see it completed. Is it one of your patterns?
    calhmosley@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's been a long while, but do you know where I can get the pattern for the flying geese rows/red fabric quilt? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete