Wednesday, September 7, 2016

New finishes......


Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things.  I've finished quite a few projects and am working on a few new also.


I am creating a new project for a retreat I've been invited to this coming fall.  I will be traveling soon and needed to have some hand stitching to take on the road with me.  This Remember the Giver block will be in the center of a wall hanging.


And there will be four of these blocks, one for each corner.  It will be wool on cotton.


As the Wind Blows.....
This quilt is back from the quilter and the pattern is being created.


Today there are two sets of toes......Chad and Grandpa came for dinner....they didn't have manicures for the occasion.


I believe this quilt will be called.....I See Stars.  This is an interesting block, when I look at it I always see the star.  I've been in the mood for 2 color quilts.  I finished off the border with the picot and the polka dots.


For this two colored quilt I used some red check from my stash, another red print for the points, and a variety of shirting fabrics.


I'm still considering a name for this one.  I'd appreciate any feedback.


This pillow pattern and kit were launched on the Facebook stitch along group called Bits and Bobs today.

Some of you have asked about the Autumn Splendor table runner.  It should be available in the next couple of days.


Today, I am looking for the first reader of the day to send your name and address to claim the Hickory Ridge Collection 1 from Diamond Textiles.  These fabrics are gorgeous.

Today, a reader who's alias is Susie Floozy shared a wonderful quote with me....."Sometimes the words left unspoken are the most important ones that should have been said."  Well said!

20 comments:

  1. Your blog is the first one that I read every morning. I love the style of your quilts and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Barbara Stratton from Orlando Florida. MY address is 9035 Crichton Woods Dr, Orlando Florida 32819

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog...and your quilts! Beautiful color combinations & patterns! Keep on keeping on, you're amazing & thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your quilts, especially the new one. I'll look for it when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about Natures Bounty for the name of your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful post--such wonderful quilts! I have to say that I am already smitten by you "Remember the Giver" wall hanging and I haven't even seen the whole thing yet. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilts, especially the simplicity of the red and shirting quilt. I can visualize it in a country farmhouse, on a white iron bed with sheer curtains blowing. So I would suggest a farm/country themed name, something simple . . . how about jam and biscuits, biscuits and jam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As the Wind Blows is absolutely gorgeous. I haven't made a two color quilt yet, but have always admired them. I really love the red one. When I first saw it, I thought of stairs, so maybe something like So Many Stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how to do this but here goes: Pam Dolan, 8264 Kepler NW, Canal Fulton, Ohio 44614 Think we live rather close to your daughter and son-in-law. Love your blog and stitherys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful work as always.....what about Red Sails in the Sunset for the red and cream quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red and white quilt reminds me of a song that my kids sang it preschool (so long ago giggle). The first line of the song was "my hat it has three corners, three corners has my hat". It was in reference to the three cornered hats worn during the Revolutionary War. We live south of Boston so there is a lot of history in our neck of the woods. Isn't it funny how quilts just sort of bring you to fun and happy times of days gone by. My youngest is turning 27 in a couple of weeks so...preschool was quite a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diamond textiles, my favorite. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't see any comments yet....surely I'm not the first reader of the day? Love your work Norma...how do you get it all done?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have a winner yet? Just saw this. Beverly Lawler

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beverly Lawler
    4621Porter CenterRoad
    Lewiston , New York 14092

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh! I loved them ALL!! So here you are traveling around all this summer...teaching here and there and you still find time to design and make the quilts! You are incredible!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your red & white quilt is simply charming. Name? How about Tomato Jam!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm wondering if the Bee (3rd picture down) is available. My neighbor is a bee keeper. I would love to make this for her. Thanks! Joanie Buettgen stewe19@hotmail.com. Cost?

    ReplyDelete