Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Leaving On A Jet Plane......




....Do know when I'll be back again.....November 7th.  I want to figure out a way to stay home more.  First on the agenda is teaching at beautiful Olde World Quilt Shoppe in Cave Creek, Arizona.  This a lovely shop and I'm excited to reconnect with my sewing friends there.  Then I will be going on to Houston International Quilt Show.  I will not be having a booth this year, but will instead be signing books in the Quilt Mania booth.  Then I round off the trip with teaching at Grand Country Quilters in San Marcos, Ca.  I imagine that in the days in between we will manage to get into some trouble!  You know we must make the most of our days.  I've learned how to manage with my bum shoulder, and I do believe it is doing a bit better.  I can sew at the sewing machine much easier than I can hand stitch.


There was a miniature exhibit at the quilt study museum......and since we made a doll bed at the Country Sampler in Spring Green this summer, this caught my attention.  So sweet and small.





I loved the little rugs and the pillows on the beds.  Its given me an idea for when I make my pillow.  I have some antique hand knit lace, and I can just picture it trimming a little pillow case.


They were all so charming and dear.




Out side the room holding the doll quilts was this pyramid quilt with so many wonderful old fabrics.  I just love looking at the different ones.






I'm always so pleased when quilts are made to commemorate an event.....this quilt evolved quickly and was done In memory of the Orlando Nightclub shooting.


Before leaving town my objective was to get the patterns written so that they would be ready for market.  I've named this one.....I See Stars.




And, this is the other new one which I am calling Set Your Sails.


In this quilt, I am in love with the shirting's, the check, that it is red,
And that it is a traditional design......many of my favorite things.

"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is."
-Albert Einstein

I'll be back the first week in November, and I will snap pictures of out activities.  I still have some amazing things to share from my previous trip......these trip are just clustered together.



3 comments:

  1. Love the miniatures! I'm glad your shoulder is improving and enjoy your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Trails! Glad to hear your shoulder is improving!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Dear Norma,
    Seems you're away from home.

    I sent an email a couple days ago.
    It seems you haven't read it yet.

    I purchased one of your patterns on 16th Oct.

    I paid it using Pay Pal.

    If it is possible to change the way to receive your pattern, I'd like to download it instead of receiving it via mail.

    It seems you haven't sent the pattern to me ( Portland, OR) yet, I'd prefer to download it.

    If I pay again and download the pattern, do you refund the first order of $41.50?

    Please let me know asap.

    Hope you enjoy your trip.

    I am sorry if I trouble you in some ways.


    ReplyDelete