Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Olde World Quilt Shoppe.....





When I'm off doing these adventures, my favorite thing is meeting new quilters, and reconnecting with the ladies I've met before.  I have been reaffirmed that their are many delightful and talented ladies, and good, good people.  Here at Olde World Quilt Shoppe in Cave Creek, Arizona, I was so happy to see my friends from teaching there before.  Plus the shop is full of inspiration, your heart will pitter pat over the limit when you see all of their beautiful samples.


Vicki Quasebarth, was one of the lovely women in my class who had made my design, Winter Wonderland.  She was happy to share it with us.


All of the samples are hung so that they are easily seen.


It is always exciting for me to see quilts made from several of my designs.  At Home in the Garden.


We All Need a Little Sunshine.


What Ever You Are Be a Good One.  Advice from Abraham Lincoln.


I do not know who the designer is off many of these designs.  However, I believe if you were to call the shop, and describe it, they would be able to help you out.  They have kits for many items.






Here is Love One Another done as a wall hanging.  I did mine as a pillow.







Star Garden.






Field of Flowers.




The Heart That Gives Gathers.


Home Is Best.


The tools which I have are minimal.  Tools need to serve many functions for me to purchase.  However, I watched a Bloc - Loc demonstration at market, and I decided this was a tool I needed.  I've always wanted to make a pineapple quilt, but I do not like to paper piece.  I also loved the ruler for Log Cabins.

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." 
-Alexander Graham Bell


4 comments:

  1. Thank you, as always, how you support local quilt shops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to visit this quilt shop! You're right - all these wonderful pictures makes my heart go 'pitter-pat' :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Quil shop, thanks for sharing some lovely pictures of your quilts and other pieces in the shop.

    ReplyDelete