Monday, December 5, 2016

A new week.....



...but first of a new day! "Smile at someone today and give them a bit of sunshine." :-)


I have so many fabulous quilts to share with you, so I decided to post a few today.  All of them made by our French friends from across the pond.


Caution!  These may leave you breathless.




I made this quilt a few years ago, and I believe it was a pattern by Jan Patek at the time.


It is interesting for me to consider how we study and want to reproduce antique quilts.  Here is the United States, and in Europe.


I love basket quilts in any shape or form or size, and this is no exception.  The little baskets made into a nine patch and using the color pink makes for a very sweet and charming quilt.


One hundred and twenty little adorable baskets!


Soft and lovely!


Setting Log Cabins on point makes the quilt extra special.




This beauty was inspired from an antique quilt seen in a museum in York.  Many hexagons!




Bunches of Flying Geese.




Ahh.....more Log Cabins.


No doubt about it, this is one of my favorite quilts.  There is something about Log Cabins that I just love!




The last spectacular quilt for today.  I'll let you digest and study these, and there will be more lovelies tomorrow!





Tis the season where we are focused on giving, so I thought I would share this advice from Benjamin Franklin on the subject.  "The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child a good example; to a father deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity."

Wishing you a happy hearted first day of your week!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, once again, for all the beautiful photos of quilts. They do leave one breathless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...LOVED them ALL!! It's hard to beat a good log cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabuleux , magnifique ! a dream !

    ReplyDelete