Thursday, December 8, 2016

I've spent another day.....




....and how sweet it is to be spending time doing so!  It has been brought to my attention, that all of the many comments I receive from all of you, have not been publishing after I read them.  I have been clicking for them all to be published and that has not occurred.  So, just know I appreciate all of your kind comments and am working on correcting the problem.

Now for more quilts.


This looks like a place I'd like to visit, or perhaps tuck away in the cozy cottage by the ocean and make quilts and read good books!



This beautiful hexagon quilt has a story to tell.




We all quilt for so many different reason, and one is to help us deal with loss and heart aches, that no one is immune from.


Grandma's Gameboy......very striking!




Court House Steps, just happens to be another of my favorite designs.


The placement of the side strips in the very center of the quilt looks like an H.  When I first saw this beautiful quilt I was certain it was going to center around the H in the center.....my imagination had run away......!  Once again I've found many of the same fabrics in my stash.


What fascination information about this pattern, Court House Steps.


I have fallen in love with the idea of using tan and white together.  I have a plan for using this color way in a Christmas quilt which I have on my list to make.  It was exciting to see this combination in this gorgeous quilt.


The hand quilting on this quilt is simply amazing.  What a masterpiece.




All I can say is I'm is awe!  The applique is exquisite!




I was touched how she described Susan McCord work in this quilt ....."depicting of the beauty that existed in her soul!"  How lovely to feel the beauty in another's soul after having seen her work.


Another special quilt from France.


Little did the maker of the original design which inspired this quilt, realize how her work would inspire someone to make one similar.


What a special quilt this is.  Three thousand nine hundred and thirty five pieces!!!


Gorgeous quilt, perfect piecing, and spectacular hand quilting.  Truly a remarkable quilt.  I think I might dream about this one!!  Once again our French friends delivered!


Potomac....once again from France.  Another very spectacular quilt!


I end this post at a loss for words.  Hope you enjoy these as much as I have.  It has been a real treat for me to go through these photos once again and then to share them with you.

"A happy family is but an earlier heaven." - George Bernard Shaw


2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are all truly amazing quilts, Norma. I cannot believe the beauty and work in hand quilting that tan and white one. Where would you start? So happy to be able to see these incredible quilts. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the "show" and especially including the write up on each quilt, very much appreciated. You take fabulous photos by the way.

    ReplyDelete