Friday, February 3, 2017

Planning, packing and preparing......



....to head out on Monday to Bryce Canyon and Ruby's for the annual retreat held there.  And let me tell you, the planning and preparing has little to do with clothing......but about how much sewing I can possible get accomplished while there.  I'm certain many of you can totally relate to that scenario. 


I am jumping around a bit with the pictures.  I am back on the road trip down interstate 80 through Iowa.  When you exit to visit the Amana Colonies, you will want to head over to Kalona, Iowa.  There is an Amish settlement there that I find interesting every time I visit.  While there this time we visited the museum in the town which was having a quilt show, and it was wonderful.  The above photo is rather dark, but it was absolutely sensational.


And so was this one.  I've been wanting to make a pineapple quilt with my new bloc-loc ruler.....and this might just be the one!


This bar quilt was beautiful done in the Amish traditional solids.


There was a special exhibit being held on Indigo Quilts.....lucky us!




Two colored quilts will always have a special spot in my love of quilts.  These were all hand quilted and the quilting was extraordinary.




This is why I love traditional quilts so much.






Feathered Star ......on the bed.



We shopped at the store mentioned here and you will want to also.




Garden Maze.






Anvil.


This will conclude what I will share today, but I have much more I will be sharing with you in a week after I return from this retreat.

"Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them.  The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power."  -Voltaire



3 comments:

  1. Oh now I am motivated to work on my indigo ocean waves quilt. Thanks you so much for sharing the blue and white quilts! Also, the quote is perfect. I have found that dwelling on the thorns just compounds the negative feelings and now I know why my mother encouraged us to "remember the happy times and things" on her deathbed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of awesome eye candy today--classic blue and white quilts are a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts. Thanks so much for sharing. I enjoy all your travels.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete