Tuesday, April 11, 2017

We are on the countdown.....




.....our trip to France is fast approaching.  Today I finished framing two of the projects from my book that I am taking with me.  Quilt Mania requested that I submit small possibilities for projects from the book.  Their suggestion was two projects from Garden Whimsy. 


This block was chosen to be put in a frame.  My talented Son in law, Chad made me two frames, and so this was one of my accomplishments today.  I'm pleased with how it turned out.


This is an additional block from the quilt on the cover called, Remember Me.  I've placed antique buttons in the center of the flowers, and decided to mat this one with a fabric border.  I still have a cushion to complete tomorrow which will also be a block from Garden Whimsy.


This is a sweet little surprise that arrived for me in the mail.  These little zippered pouches are sure to find a use.

Lynette Disrud shared the following quote...."Use it up or wear it out, make it do or do without."  Unfortunately this advise no longer seems to be of importance, because we have so much right at our finger tips.  And it seems things are not made to last.....and this is why our land fills are filling up.  I'd better not get started on this subject!!!


2 comments:

  1. I have decided not to buy any fabric for projects this year. Of course, that doesn't include wool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing ! I enjoyed meeting you at the show in France and can't wait to try my luck with all your beautiful patterns in the book!

    ReplyDelete