Monday, May 15, 2017

A special week end.....




I have enjoyed this week end.  First of all I spent an enjoyable day at a perfectly lovely quilt shop, in the company of quilting friends.  These ladies gathered to make Autumn Splendor, and I offered my assistance.  We were so busy enjoying ourselves that I didn't even get a photo of the table runner or of the wonderful group of ladies.  However, I did get photos of the shop to share with you.  If you are ever in the area you will want to spend time here....



Located in Bountiful, Utah.


There is even a place for your husband to do some front porch sitting if he happens to be with you.


Beautiful wool......a definite temptation.


Projects both large and small are waiting to be started!


Creative temptations every where you look.


This is one of the cutest chicken quilts.....if chickens are your thing, you will want to give them a call.


Stars are always a favorite!


For a shop to be inspiring it must have wonderful samples, and the Quilters Attic certainly had many.




Quilts on high with itsy bitsy pieces.


Have I ever mentioned how much I enjoy being around fabric?








My most favorite quilt in the shop....this lovely little quilt by Kim Deihl.


These chubby elephants are the cutest.... they are a Rusty Crow design by Shawn York.  I apologize for not having the names of the other samples shown.




An absolutely amazing cushion to park yourself on when sitting for an extended period.


I'm certain you are wondering, what is this about.  We all took turns sitting on it, only to discover we could not feel it at all.  They advertise that you can sit on a raw egg and it will not break.  It provides an amazing cushion for your spine.  This is a regular infomercial, but it really does provide a wonderful cushion.

I usually take pictures of the food.  Anyone who knows me, understands my appreciation for food!  We started off the day with mini cinnamon rolls, and then a fabulous past salad and rolls for lunch.  They were accompanied by delicious strawberries and cookies.  We were well taken care of.  It was a special prelude to mothers day.  My daughters cooked an amazing brunch......so you see, a very special week end.

"To better hear the world outside, listen faithfully to the voice inside." - Quaker Proverb


1 comment:

  1. I have not made it to this shop yet. Thanks for the tour. I will have to make a point of getting there my next trip down the Wasatch Front.

    ReplyDelete