Thursday, May 4, 2017

Blue skies and sunshine......



We had a gorgeous day......perfect temperature, the birds were singing......announcing all was well!


I went out for a walk to enjoy the sunshine and bird song, and decided my flowers were so delightful I should share this with you.


The tulips are starting to fade a bit, but I was so happy when returning home to find them still blooming.


This spring garden will soon be replaced by the next round of bloomers.


I've been busy drawing theses little blocks and then bringing them to life with wool and stitches, and a touch of cotton here and there.  The Diamond Textile background proved to be absolutely a perfect back drop.


In this block, the pot and the inside of the purple flower are both Diamond Textiles.




The little pot on this one is also a Diamond Textile.








My plan for this little quilt is for it to be 5 blocks across and 7 rows in length......and then a border.


Sigrid Koenigsberg visited me in my house at the exposition and shared with me that she had already made this table runner called Spring Blooms from the book which Quilt Mania made of my designs, called - My Quilting Legacy.  She was very generous in sending this photo to share on the blog.  Thank you Sigrid.

"As you grow older, you will discover you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the others for helping others." - Audrey Hepburn



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Norma, the more blocks you add, the more I love this quilt. Any chance you could sell kits for the very same as you're making? It's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bravo! les blocs appliqués sont très jolis j'aime beaucoup!!!!
    félicitations a Sigrid pour son chemin de table!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma, your blocks are wonderful! I must live under a rock-what are Diamond textiles?

    ReplyDelete