Tuesday, June 6, 2017

An evening by a mountain stream....



....that is rushing fast and overflowing in spots because of the warm weather from the snow melt in the mountains.  The evening was spent with Chad and Abbie and Chads parents.  I've returned home renewed and thankful that I live in such a beautiful place that is less than 10 minutes from our home.


The picnic table backs up to the stream, which make for a pleasant setting..


Chad and his Dad roasting hotdogs.


This was our first visit this summer.  You can see that it is wanting to overflow the river's banks.





Since this setting is so close to our house, Bruce and I look forward to spending time here in the evenings.  We take something to eat, and a couple of comfy chair and a book.  It makes for a pleasant evening.



We were pleased that Grandpa was able to join us too.


Chad's mother Teresa are so happy that we are not just family, but friends.


my new little quilt is now quilted, bound and ready to be photographed.  My son in law Jess who is my photographer is out of town taking pictures......which is what he does as a profession.  By the way, I decided to name this, Joy Comes In the Morning.  The winner of a free pattern will go to Kris Thomas....her suggestion which was the closest to the final naming, will be rewarded with the first pattern printed.  Since I am leaving town on Wednesday, it will have to wait until I return home.


I hand quilted this little quilt.  It will be called Woodland Gathering, and will be available soon as a Bits and Bob's project.


Isn't this lovely!!?







 I am in love with this quilting too.  I do not know what key I pushed to change the font, and I'm too tired to figure it out.  Besides I think I like it.







Notice the Log Cabin block for the creation of the Stag......Now something else seems to have changed with the font. :-(



I look at this creation, and to me it looks so fresh, clean and tidy!  It is not my style, but I love it!


"We are all angels with just one wing and we can only fly by embracing each other."  -Leo Buscaglia


6 comments:

  1. LOVE the upcoming Bits and Bobs project! Thank you for sharing the quilt pictures and the pictures of your local scenery. All beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful spot to enjoy that river, the trees and rocks. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such a peaceful and beautiful place to go for a picnic. Love your new quilt, beautiful designs.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still waiting for your wonderful weather to reach us here in New England. It is 50 degrees and raining. But on a good note I think we are officially out of the drought we had been experiencing. What a lovely picnic spot you have! I can see why you love it so. Also, I wanted to mention that "Joy Comes in the Morning" is a perfect name for your newest quilt. It certainly spills over with Joy and each morning gives us a new chance to experience it. Happy and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UQSM had some beautiful Quilts in their amazing show, I am honored you noticed my Stag Deer. Come see us again sometime! #sewshabbyquilting #UQSM
    Happy Quilting!!
    Deleska

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks again. This pattern looks lovely I am excited to stitch it :)

    ReplyDelete