Thursday, August 3, 2017

A day spent cleaning and organizing......




When the time is right, it is even fun and enjoyable digging into a mess!  And that is just what I had to contend with, a big disorganized mess!  It is so energizing and helps me refocus on what I want to start next.


These two items bring back a flood of memories.....2 items found only in the Midwest.  Anyone who lives in Iowa or once lived there is familiar with Made Rites which Taylors made famous back in 1928.  I connect them to my college years, and it is still something I look forward while visiting Iowa.  And, I grew up with Old Dutch potato chips and have not found since leaving home.


Here I am with my niece Connie.  She is very special to me.  I developed toxemia during my first pregnancy. and she had just graduated from high school, and came out to Utah to stay with us during that time.  What a special time that was, and I have lasting memories filed away.


She and her husband have a delightful place in the country.








Her front porch and entrance is surrounded with flowers.....a perfect country touch!


 And to top off this package, is that this adorable sweet cat is part of the scenario.


And...the quilt over this rocking chair, warmed my heart and soul!




And these adorable, and sweet grand daughters were visiting.  What a treat!


To finish off this post, I will share with you this picture hanging on Connie's wall.  Life is good!


2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful quote on Connie's wall. I think everyone should live it! ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ Here are 8 smiles for starters! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning gardens and porch, a Hoosier cabinet, and a wonderful quote!!!!! Contentment....

    ReplyDelete