Monday, October 9, 2017

October Gave A Party......




...The leaves by hundreds came.
The Ashes, Oaks and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand;
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band....
The sight was a rainbow
New - fallen from the sky....

- George Cooper


Happy Fall day to all of you!  This is the Virginia Creeper in my back yard.  It is cooperating with it's beautiful colors.


Tucked in the foliage is this little bird feeder.  I'm waiting for the birds to savor the berries.


When I leave my front door, I enjoy the glimpse of this tree in my neighbors yard......a sight to renew the soul.


Another stroll amongst the antiques.  I do believe someone left their Styrofoam cup behind.  It is disturbing to the scene.


How about this intricately designed quilt.....they maker enjoyed doing trapunto.




Once again, I find it disturbing that no one in the family would cherish the memory of the person who made this.


This watering can, I loved and would have found use for it.  But by this point, we were quite tucked into the car, and had to unpack to get to our suitcases.  There was only room in nooks and crannies, and this certainly would not have fit.


How about this sweet little wagon.  It would be ever so nice to take one's doll for a ride.


The goodies were tucked in.....here is a bow tie quilt.


And, a double wedding ring.

"This is the beginning of a new day, a new week.  You have been given this day to use as you will.  You can waste it or use it for good.  What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.  When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind.  Let it be something good."  -unknown




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful poem to capture the beauty of your Virginia Creeper. I too find it sad to see so many lovingly-made quilts go to stores for sale. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete