Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Stars and Holly Berries







Pine and Holly Berries is the pattern which will be given away today.  I'm continuing with the same request.  I'd like the pattern to be received by someone who has never won a pattern before.  Once again the pattern will go to the early bird...... email me @ norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com

Yesterday, we had the celebration of life for our friend who passed a couple of weeks ago.  It was a beautiful tribute to who he was.  We were all deeply touched my his influence and I was too emotionally strung out last night to write a post.  However, it is amazing of what a nights rest will do for a person.  Today the sun is shining and with it, is an opportunity to live life fully and to find joy in this day.

I want to share with you some of the handiwork of the talented ladies from one of my quilt groups.   These are photos, from a previous meeting, but so worthy to be shared in a post!


Jennifer, is sharing her Amish Grace quilt top.  This pattern can be found on my web site.


A study in Gray. I did not attend this particular evening, as I was most likely traveling.  And, for the life of me, I can not recall this lady's name.


This gorgeous applique masterpiece was created by Julie.....absolutely stunning!


Marilyn, had this applique beauty to share.


This is the cover of a Sewing bag which Kerry created.  So cleverly stitched, right down to the caterpillar creeping along one of the leaves.


And, this is the needle keep which she also made.


In making this simple applique design, Kerry created an amazing colorful quilt.....and the back of the quilt is fabulous!




By painting this quilt design on a wooden board, Deborah made this clever pumpkin.


Deborah made these reindeer for two of her nephews, using their hand prints for the antlers.  What a wonderful keepsake for both of them.  Deborah is extremely creative and talented.




Liz, who's lovely home we gather in monthly, shared her Amish Grace quilt completely finished.  The quilting is just perfect for this quilt.


And, Liz finished her Yes We Can quilt top.  This pattern can also be found on my web site.

" To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour."
- William Blake

The advise given in the paragraph before this quote, wrote about slowing the flow of life, using the gift of time consciously and to set priorities that support and strengthen our intentions. I am already considering my goals for the new year which is fast approaching.

Keep a happy heart my friends!!!:-)




3 comments:

  1. Kerry's sewing bag & needle keep are gorgeous. In addition to the caterpillar addition on the sewing bag, I also LOVE the spider on the needle keep. Such cheerful creations! All your friends' creations were truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts & projects: WOW!!!!!! Nice pattern prize too, & no I've never won!!!! I'm so sorry, and condolences for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to share such lovely quilts with all of us, i always enjoy them. Very sorry for your loss especially at this time of the year. I wish you a peaceful Christmas with your family and hope you find joy in the New Year!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete