Thursday, January 4, 2018

I love to wake up slowly....



counting my blessing, thinking about my family and what I'd like to accomplish for the day.  I like to enjoy a mug of coffee, and I savor the quiet and finding time to read.  For many years I bounced out of bed to an alarm and set out on my nursing rounds. I rejoice in my present morning ritual.


I have finished the body of this new design, and now I am working on the border, which will be pieced.  I have spent hours with needle and thread appliqueing these twelve inch blocks.  Hand work is just the best!


A closer look.  The idea for this quilt came from one of my antique quilt books.


This quilt is growing slowly.  The base of the circle is created from twelve wedges sewn together by machine.  Then the petals are appliqued in place.  It has been really fun digging through my stash.  There are several pieces of fabric which I've rediscovered.

I hope you are all finding time to sew and create.  Please feel free to share what you are working on.

In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being." -Eckhart Tolle



7 comments:

  1. Your quilts are always so beautiful Norma! A réal enchantment for my eyes. Have a wonderful year with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding "new" fabric in my stash! Hahaha!

    I am currently working on Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake mystery quilt. We had the big reveal last week and now it's time to put the pedal to the metal.

    I'm also ready to start Garden Whimsy. I've got my pattern and am just waiting for direction on Facebook. Looking forward to working on this beautiful pattern. I hope I do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts.I am looking forward to seeing the completed border. Your quote by Tolle is the so needed today. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and oh so detailed. How do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever sit with your coffee in the early hours and thank heaven that you're not getting ready to give or take report? I do. I practiced for 33 years. I ponder my projects, watch the sunrise and feel grateful for the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spectacular quilt! I love it :-)
    Your "waking up" sounds very much like mine; many sewing ideas were formed in my head before I even get out of bed :-) After so many years of rushing around in the mornings, I savour the knowledge that "I don't have to" ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving your quilt in progress of the circles with the petals appliqués. Is that your pattern?

    ReplyDelete