Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Since I have not been traveling lately.....




.......I do not have much blog material.  You will have to put up with my thoughts and feeling, and the progress from my sewing room.

First of all, I've had several requests about my new petal quilt which I am working on.  I will be writing a new pattern for this once it is completed.  So please be patient with me.  You will be able to follow the progress of it here on my blog.


 My house quilt is growing.  So far I've sewn one or more house a day.  I have several of them cut out, so that I can just select a house and sit at my sewing machine every day.  Variety is the key for me.  I would love to share the dimensions I've drafted for the house block, but I believe there is a pattern out there somewhere so it wouldn't be fair of me to share my dimensions.  I've just made a flying geese block for the roof, and then the bottom is easy to figure out from that.



I was able to sew the fifth row on today.  I've decided on one more row, and then on to the border, which will also include applique.


My intention to make a star a day has taken a back seat.  I am trying to finish some items to send to the distributors before market.  I will say that by the third star I became more accurate, as I got the technique down.

"Sitting quietly doing nothing spring comes and the grass grows by itself." Matsuo Basho

And in addition to this quote,  "God is alive, magic is a foot."  Buffy St. Marie  Before long, all of our perennial friends will arrive on the scene in our gardens.....and the trees will bud and flower, it is a magical time of the year.





3 comments:

  1. I like watching your quilts emerge and reading/contemplating your quotes. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely works in progress! I really like them. The scrappy fabric choices are soothing and look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This petal quilt is so pretty! I think you should name it "Petal Please!" lol! :-) Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete