Monday, July 8, 2013

Telling a Story



A few days ago I published my quilt similar to this one created by my dear friend Leslie Ison.  She also found ways to make the quilt hers, and to help in telling her life's story.  All of the people along the bottom are all of her aunts and uncles.  Her aunt Lola even has on red shoes, which were her favorite color to wear.
The quilt that I would love for everyone to see was made by my friend Paula McKinley.  It is one of the best storytellers I've seen!
This week will be the last week for my daughter, her husband and the 3 chihuahua grand dogs to be living at my house.  One cat will be staying with me and one will go in the carrier with us.  I will be helping them drive one of the cars to Ohio.  Life will certainly be quiet and lonely without them.
Peace and quietness in my heart are very important commodities for me, and I've been struggling to inhabit a place where they can be found.  I like this quote. "Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.  Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart."  -unknown
Posted by Picasa

4 comments: