Friday, August 9, 2013

A Quilting Evening



There are 5 of us friends who have many things in common...I guess that is a part of the defination of friendship....anyway we gathered at my house last night.  I gathered some flowers from my yard for the table and made lemon cupcakes!  This is the best recipe.  They are called Lemon Blossoms and it is one of Paula Deans recipes.
1 yellow cake mix, 1 small pkg of instant lemon flavored pudding mix,  4 large eggs, and 3/4 cup of oil.  Mix together and fill well greased muffin tins 1/2 full.  I used a muffin tin with silicone liners which I sprayed and they slid right out without a hitch.  Turn them out onto a tea towel.  Mix a glaze of 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice, 3 T. oil and 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar.  Dip the cupcakes in the glaze and place on a cooling rack that has been placed over waxed paper to catch the drips.  These really are amazing and so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
I will share the chicken salad recipe tomorrow.....it really isn't a recipe, just one of those salads that have come about with a little of this and a lot of that!!!!  But I can share the basic idea.
Everyone brought show and tell, so I will have many things to show you over the next few days.

"The language of friendship is not words but meanings".  - Henry David Thoreau
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely table setting, Norma! I love vintage printed table cloths. Your home is so lovely in all your photos. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your friendship and support! Keep your creativity strong!

    ReplyDelete