Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chicken Salad




Now for the chicken salad recipe I told you I would share with you. First off I cut up the chicken from a rotisserie chicken, 2-3 stalks of celery cut fine, about a 1/4 cup of finely minced sweet onion, and a bunch of red grapes cut in half and a box of your pasta of choice.  I used the bow tie pasta. 
For the dressing:  I use 1 part miracle whip to 3 parts mayonnaise, a generous T. of sugar, salt and pepper to taste and curry.......this spice can be easily over done so I start out with a little and keep adding until it is pleasing to me.  Pile it on a bed of lettuce, sprinkle toasted sliced almond on top for additional crunch and flavor, surround it with fresh fruit...I think you will enjoy the results.  We had some warm rolls fresh from the oven, we combined that with wonderful conversation, followed by the lemon cupcakes and quilting....it doesn't get much better than that!

"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love".  -Johann Woldgang Van Goethe
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This is very close to a Pampered Chef Curried Chicken Salad recipe that I make. The one I make also has chopped granny smith apples and scallions (green onions) instead of sweet onion, and there is no pasta. I use half miracle whip and half sour cream mixed with the curry. The version you make sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete