Monday, October 14, 2013

A week-end to celebrate!





This is a little wall hanging which I designed and made a couple of years ago, which was returned to me.  Now that it has come home after it's journeys here and there, it has found a spot on my wall.  You all know how I feel about home......now I'm pondering if I should re brand this pattern and make it a Timeless Traditions pattern.  I will think on it for a bit.

Now for the celebration.......the University of Utah beat number 4 ranked Stanford on Saturday, and I was at the game with my husband.  This was an upset, as Stanford was picked to beat by 9 points.  Let me tell you why I find football games so enjoyable.  Of course, I like the home team to win, but it is much more than that.  First of all we arrive early, because parking is always a problem.  Because we arrive early, this gives me more time to patrol all of the food vendors and decide what to eat first.  I started with a barbecue pork sandwich, savoring every bite.  After eating savory I needed something sweet so I ate the raisin oatmeal cookie which I had snuck in.  I was satisfied for the moment and was ready to get into the game.  We sit in the middle of a rowdy boisterous crowd who has a self appointed cheerleader who leads us all in cheers....great fun.  At half time with a 2 score lead, I had worked up an appetite and fought the crowds to get in line for the famous cowboy corn dog on a stick. All I can say about that is yummmm and it is worth standing in line for.  It was getting a bit chilly as the sun had gone down so the hot chocolate certainly looked tempting, and it would be so comforting to wrap my hands around a steaming cup of it, so I picked up a cup.....now I'm back to my seat for the second half..........there wasn't much time to enjoy the eats, because our cheerleader had us back into action.  It was a nail biter down to the very end, and it sure was fun!

I'll end this play by play account with a couple of lines from a book I enjoyed called 'Ava's Man'.  It is a story which the author Rick Bragg writes about his grandfather. A very good read "Some people act old as if they are practicing for their last years".   And "There are no lulls in the adventure of living".  Live life fully today!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment