Friday, October 11, 2013

Beautiful Amish Quilt

 
The last time our little quilt group of friends met at our house, Diane shared her gorgeous Amish inspired quilt which she made from hand dyed fabrics she purchased on one of her trips.  They are absolutely beautiful fabrics....in my estimation this type of quilt looks great in a more contemporary home as well as a more traditional or country look.  It is so wonderfully versatile and makes quite a statement.
 
 
 

 
 
She finished off the back beautifully too.
 
 
I have an apology to make.  I forgot to announce the second Wednesday prize winner on this past Wed.  So sorry.  Because of that I will announce 2 winners, I'd like to do that because so many of you entered and it's difficult not to share with everyone.  So the 2 name randomly selected this month are:  Lolly Pasewak and Jana Fouladpour.  Please contact me with your addresses and which pattern you choose.
 
 
I'll leave you with a profound quote for the day...."You can't buy happiness but you can buy fabric and that is pretty close".    -Ric-Rac-&Retro

No comments:

Post a Comment