Monday, November 25, 2013

There is always, always,.......




Always something to be thankful for!  Thanksgiving is upon us once again and my heart is full from considering all of my blessings.


Isn't this a beauty?  Valerie Marsh shared this with us at our quilt group, which meets at Elaine's Quilt Block.  It is a Buggy Barn design.  We all loved how it looked on the black background.  It really makes the colors pop.


I've been deciding which  3 pies I will make to take with for the Thanksgiving celebration we've been invited to this year.  This is a new experience for us, because for years the celebration has been at our house.  I will confess, I wish all of my family were clustered near by, but that is not the case.  We will have the privilege of being with Katrina and her husband Jess, and for that we are thankful.  Jess's brother Rob has included us with them this year......it will be lovely.

"I have stitched, formed friendships, laughed, shared secrets, eased burdens, and learned lessons.  For this I can be grateful.  This is the journey of a quilter".    -unknown

Today we have nothing but blue skies, and I hope the same is true for you.  Many of you will no doubt be traveling.  I wish you all safe travels.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Folk Art Blooms is on my to-do list!! SEW beautiful!! Thanks...I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt - absolutely love the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very positive attitude! It is always hard to change tradition, but you are not gloomy. You are stepping out of comfort and ready to enjoy friends. Have a wonderful time! I say apple, pumpkin, and chocolate cream pies. I am making your Cranberry Salad tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you....I've opted for French Silk chocolate, pumpkin streusel and pecan. I seriously considered apple...:-)

    ReplyDelete