Our quilt group at Elaine's Quilt Block met last night. There were not very many of us because the weather encouraged one to stay tucked inside. Storms are predicted for today so my plan is to put on a pot of soup and maybe do some baking......and rejoice in the fact that I'm home. Back to the beautiful quilt above shared with us by Valerie. It is a Minik and Simpson design and I really, really like it. It is so Whimsical and charming. There wasn't much show, just a lot of tell. Actually, I was so full from eating dinner out with some friends, that I just sat there fully satiated and enjoying my self that I forgot to take pictures. This thing with taking pictures is definitely not my calling in life.
Forbes Magazine had a list of 18 things mentally strong people do. I thought I'd share the first 9 of them today and the last 9 tomorrow.
1.They move on. They don't waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
2. They keep control. They don't give away their power.
3. They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
4. They stay happy. They don't complain and don't waste energy on things they cannot change.
5. They are kind, fair, and unafraid to speak up. They don't worry about pleasing other people.
6. They are willing to take calculated risks. They weigh the risks and benefits before taking action.
7. They invest their energy on the present...they don't dwell on the past.
8. They accept full responsibility for their behavior, and don't keep repeating the same mistakes.
9. They celebrate other people's success without resentment.
The remaining 9 I will share tomorrow. Keep warm and have a contented kind of day.