Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Good Read.....


 
I begin and end my day with reading.  I start out in the cool of the morning on my patio and finish tucked in bed at night.  It is a wonderful way to begin and end a day.  I've just finished another good book, which I picked up in the book store at Gettysburg.  It is entitled March and the author is Geraldine Brooks.  It was the winner of the Pulitzer Prize. The book is historical fiction, and I found it extremely enjoyable, and thought provoking.
 
 
I've been having this urge to design something for Autumn, so yesterday was the day.  You should see my sewing room .....it is in a shambles.  I made some progress and hope to soon have something to show you.  In the meantime, I'm happy to share with you a couple of photo's sent to me by readers of my blog.
 
 
 
Mary Reynolds sent me this photo.  It is the tree on the Shaker Wisdom pattern.  She said it inspired her to try applique. You had better keep at it Mary as it is amazing!  I wish I could see it in person.....the material on the tree trunk looks interesting.
 
 
 
My friend Ann from Pa., who acted as our travel guide while recently back there, sent me this cheerful table topper which she was making for her table.  The star in the middle square was fussy cut from some fabric I purchased while there.  When I showed all of my fabric stacked on my cutting table after my trip, Ann recognized that she also had purchased that fabric. Thank you for sharing the photo's.......now many people will be able to enjoy them and be inspired.
 
"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the horizon of the spirit."  -Helen Keller



















No comments:

Post a Comment