Monday, July 7, 2014

Land That I Love

 
 
I hope everyone had a marvelous long holiday week end.  We loved having the extra time together......breakfast out on the patio with leisurely mornings.  We even found time to head up to Park City, which is a ski resort town, for all of you who are not familiar with Utah, and went to an outdoor concert that had Kenny Rogers being partially backed up by the Utah Symphony.  Wow! I'm here to report that he has been performing for 6 decades, and he hasn't lost his ability to sing!  He is moving more slowly. but then aren't we all.......well I am anyway.
 
 
I continue to rejoice in my independence and that I have the opportunity of living in this great country.  And on that note I will share my latest quilt on my web site.
 
 

 
I did the lettering in rows so that it would be easier to applique.

 

 
 
 
 
This quilt is especially appropriate for now, but I can see myself hanging this one throughout the year ......after days of relaxing, it is now time to get busy.  I have quite a list to accomplish today.
 
"For what avail the plough or sail, or land, or life, if freedom fail?" 
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment