Friday, September 12, 2014

Quilts and more Quilts......

 
 
"What day is it?" asked Pooh.  "Its today" squeaked Piglet.  "My favorite day." :-)  Good Morning, it continues to be blue skies and sunshine, another glorious day to enjoy. I've got the baby thing accomplished and in the mail, so I think it is time to start on a new project.  I have so many ideas I want to start, so maybe I'll start a couple.
 
Now for more lovely quilts from the San Diego show.....
 
 
This quilt is titled...Dad's Suits Surrounded by Kathy Reppenhagen.

 
Boxes and more Boxes...by Susan Stewart.

 
Cornerstone...by Shareese Harris.

 
Close up to show the big quilting stitch with heavier thread she used to quilt her design.
 
 
 Another whoops....Where the Cows Come Home...by Kathy Cardiff, and awarded first of show in the Primitive category. The Country Loft has done this as a block of the month.  It is wool on cotton.


Hobo Quilt...by Donna King.  This has been on my to do list, because the farm where I grew up was near rail road tracks and it was common for us to have hobos stop by for a meal.  My mother was generous with the eats, and they never caused a problem.
 

 
One Color Quilt...by Wendy Held.

 
Close up peak.

 
 Americana...by Faith Ortiz.


Autumn Wool Quilt...by Faith Ortiz.
 

 
Close up peak...wool on cotton.

 
Liberty by Susan Stewart.

 
Home Sweet Home....there were two of these.  They were both stunning.  I'm not certain if this one is by Faith Ortiz or Wendy Held....this is a lovely design by Blackbird Designs.
 
This completes the quilt show for today.....I'll have more on Monday. Wishing everyone a happy hearted week-end.
 
"One smile can start a friendship.  One word can end a fight.  One look can save a relationship.  One person can change your life.   
-thelovenotebook.tumblr.com

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Wonderful SHOW!! Thanks for sharing!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the barn quilt. These are all beautifully done quilts; thank you for sharing.
    And--One touch can bring hope. (My thought)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Norma....how fun to see two of my quilts in your blog!!!! And my friend Clara's quilt in the previous post. We are glad you liked them enough to take pictures!! The Home Sweet Home quilt above is mine.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete