Monday, December 29, 2014

And then it snowed......

 
 
 
And just in time for Christmas.
 
 
This is the magic which we woke up to on Christmas morning.

 
"Layer upon layer of soft packed snowflakes settle in near silence, forming a quilt of feathery ice crystals."  -Rebecca Nichols Alonzo
 

 
"Nature is full of genius, full of divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand."  -Henry David Thoreau

 
We gathered and feasted on Christmas Eve.  Jess, (Katrina's hubby) and his Dad Steve are working on the crab legs.
 
 
The butter pot ready for chunks of crab.....:-)

 
Abbie and Katrina....and Chad intent on removing the crab from the shell....He is very good at it.....in fact he has it down to a science.......He took good care of me in that department, and he watched over Grandpa.

 
YUM!

 

 
And we also had dog guests  This is grand dog Annie, a sweet rescue dog.

 
She sometimes thinks she's a lap dog...just giving me some attention.

 
And Oliver, who wondered into their yard a few years ago, wounded thin and in desperate need of care.  He has turned into a wonderfully smart and clever member of the family.

 
And their friend Tucker who also is a rescue dog, being cared for by Steve.
 
It is snowing again this morning, a perfect snuggly day.  I'm still in my pajama's, new ones I received for Christmas.  May hunker down with the book I'm reading, and start me day out slow and easy.  Its time for reflection and for me to consider all of my blessings!  Have a perfectly, lovely day!


5 comments:

  1. It started snowing just before noon on Christmas and continued through the night leaving us with a winter wonderland. This morning it is snowing again and warnings of below zero temps. Great day for staying inside and stitching. Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! Love me some crab legs. Relax and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you were with family and animals. We are having crab legs on New Years Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful feast with the family. I wanted to do seafood, but my kids don't like any types, so tomorrow I might do up chowder and clam cakes for our new years.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete