Monday, January 12, 2015

Quilt St. George....

 
 
It was a perfect time to be out of town and to enjoy some beautiful warm 60 degree days.....blue skies, sunshine and palm trees, and a little bit of heaven for all of the quilters at the Marriot where the retreat was held.  Everything was lovely...good food, great facilities, top notch people, new friends and quilting inspiration.  I hope to go back next January, and you might choose to join me.  I had a lady from Mass. and one from Wisconsin, in my classes.
 
 
 
The first class I taught was Star Garden.  Many of the classes were small.  This one had 3 ladies in it.




 


My second class had 9 ladies and we worked on At Home in the Garden.  Everyone almost completed one block.  It was a first time working with wool for several, and they all discovered how easy and rewarding this process is.
 


 
I found a little time to stitch and I'm making progress with my new project.


A close up peek.
 

 
I'm not certain if all of the blocks will be keepers and how many I should make......I'll just have to see.
 
"The two most important days in your life are, the day you are born and the day you find out why."
-Mark Twain
 
I'm happy to be home, and now I have some catching up to do before I leave for the next retreat at Ruby's Inn at Bryce Canyon.  Hope everyone is finding time to stitch, and are snug and warm in their homes.


4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about Star Garden ... that star in the middle looks very challenging. Love your new blocks, especially the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks so far, it's going to be a winner!
    Rita Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this block, so sweet.

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete