Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Story Tellers......

 
 
.......Oh! If these quilts could talk.
 
 
 
Sandra V. Starley an AQS Quilt Appraiser, who has a business called Textile Time Travels, shared a few of her antique quilts with us.  This design is new to me, and Sandra states that it is very rare.  It is called the French Star.

 
I just love how random the fabric in this quilt is......and how charming this makes it.  Also, you can see the amazing hand quilting that has stood the test of time.  Women making do, using what they had to add beauty to their lives and homes.  As a pioneer woman wrote in her journal, "I make quilts as fast as I can to keep my family warm, and as pretty as I can to keep my heart from breaking."

 
Talk about random....this one takes the prize......and I love it!  The sashing with a bit of an angle to the pieces, is very unique and interesting. In the center and the first row of sashing going across, notice the blue piece with the patch.
 
 
Today is the drawing.  There were so many people who entered for todays drawing.  I wish as usual that everyone could be a winner.  The 3 names drawn today are:
Connie Miller
Clairellen McLaughlin
Betsy Swisher
Please send me your pattern request along with your address and I will mail you your selection.  Sweet and Simple book is excluded.  Email me at norma@timelesstraditionsquilts.com
 
"There is a portion of light connected to each of the talents and gifts we possess.  But it is only when we use these gifts, and use them for good, that our light can shine forth.  All gifts are accompanied with an obligation and a responsibility to share, and thus we can all help illuminate our world."  - Ben Behunin


3 comments:

  1. That last quilt really makes my head spin. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, yes that monkey wrench is wild. ps. I'm available to bring them to a guild, show, or shop near you!
      Sandra

      Delete
  2. So good to visit with you Norma in St. George. Glad you enjoyed seeing a few of my treasures. Thanks for spreading the word about my quilt collection.

    ReplyDelete