Friday, March 27, 2015

Back to Oregon......

 
Someone asked what I purchased at the shop I featured previously......well, here she is.  I became attached to this stylish lady with her babe in her pocket.  She is wonderfully primitive and really quite adorable don't you think?


Here is Julie's barn made by Harold Turpin......cozy looking,  I'm partial to the 2 goats that reside in this barn.
 

 
Pioneer Quilts in the Portland area just moved into their new location, and they were the shop that hosted the sew along which we had there.  These were gals from the Wool Applique group on Facebook.  We has a lovely time and this is a wonderful store, a must visit!

 
I enjoyed all of the blooming things while there, and now we are in the blooming phase here in Utah too.


Now, this is definitely the car of a quilter.
 


I'll share some of the lovely quilts hanging in the shop.  I love houses and was right away drawn to this quilt.
 

 

 
I wish I could share with you the names of the patterns and who designed them.....

 
This little basket quilt caught my eye as it is really a charmer.
 


This one was my favorite.  I love the colors and everything about it....very unique.
 

 
 


This is Brenda the owner of the quilter's car and the sweet lady who helped organize the stitch along at the shop.  She is showing her great bag she just completed.
 


The shop is home to this sweet little dog.  He found his way out to the kitchen where the fresh sugar cookies were baking for us.
 


 
There were several of us stitching together and getting acquainted....being a quilter has many benefits.......like spending time with these gifted warm and friendly ladies.
 
"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive."  Elenora Duse.   We have been enjoying blue skies and have plant life once again coming back for their annual visit, and I'm glad these simple things are a joy for me.

4 comments:

  1. Norma, so much fun to see the photos and a reminder of the day-I had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! I love the quilt on the table and Brenda's bag is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled upon Pioneer Quilts at their previous location when I was trying to get to the motel located adjacent to the strip mall they were located in. I was so sad to hear that they were closing and then so happy to find that the ship was going to stay open. I've been to this new location twice now and just love the look of the shop.

    I wish I had known about the stitch in, it is time for me to make the trip down to see what is new.

    Love your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I immediately knew you would be drawn to the willow quilt. It looked so you and I loved it too. I also loved the Patriotic Purse! Glad you had such a great time. Everyone needs to celebrate friendships (new & old) with kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete