Thursday, March 19, 2015

Day 4....

 
 
....actually I am running out of time, as I'm leaving for Ohio.  I can hardly wait to squeeze my darling little grandbaby who is already 5 months old.  However, today I want to share the fantastic day we had with Debbie Busby of Wooden Spool Designs.  I'll share more when I return.
 
 
We started out our day with shopping and then lunch.  Debbie lives in Troutdale, which is a charming little town not far out of Portland.

 
Debbie took us to an observatory area to view the gorgeous Columbia River Gorge.  What a breath taking site!




Blue skies and sunshine, absolutely fabulous weather.  We had much to smile about!

 
Then on to Debbie's home, where there was primitive goodness every where we looked.

 
This quilt made from wool was hanging in the room where she creates.
 
 
Loved the funky chicken....
 

...and this charming doll perched on a roll of batting.
 


These antique quilt blocks hanging from her bulletin board caught my eye.
 

 
Here is Debbie holding one of her lovely designs.


What a look! I couldn't walk by without snapping a picture.
 

 
I loved this little gals dress.
 

I couldn't pass up this angel.....love the gold color of her dress.
 

 
This pear table topper was absolutely lovely!

 
Just one more charming mom and child!


Debbie shared with us where she dyes her beautiful wool.
 

 
Her recipes and the tools of the trade.


A massively wonderful tree in her yard.
 


A wagon with garden pots.  Debbie said that her daughters wedding was held in her yard...a very lovely spot for a wedding.
 

 
I had to capture the thick moss found on the trees.

 
I've been accomplishing something besides vacationing!  Here is my new quilt for market before adding the border.
 
Many of you asked about the name of the shop from yesterday.  The name is, New England Salt Box, and it is located in Sumner, Washington.
I will be back next week.....check back on the 25th.
 
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them.  They went out and happened to things."
-Leonardo Da Vinci


3 comments:

  1. So many beautiful pictures! Love your new quilt for market! Gorgeous! Enjoy every precious moment with your little grand baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma I am so in love with your new spring quilts. I don't know which one to start first!
    Grandma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed every moment...and love your new design!! How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete