Monday, April 27, 2015

Dinner at Grandpa's

 
 
 
What a special occasion for us......Bruce's sweet Dad prepared Sunday dinner for us.  He is 86 years old and is simply amazing.  He has a cleaning day, a baking day, and a day to do his laundry.  When I grow up I hope I can be like that.......  good memories to be tucked away in our memory bank!

 
Some of my quilts have returned home, and this is exciting for me.  I realize it is a bit early for this table runner, but I just had to try it out to see how it would look.


 
A couple of close up looks.  The majority of this design is wool on cotton.

 
I discovered that the welcome picture that arrived back home looks lovely in my guest room....very exciting!

 
This is the other item that was welcomed home and which I will enjoy hanging in my hall.
 
I came across this by Roald Dahl and definitely felt that it was worth sharing.
"A person who has good thoughts can not ever be ugly.  You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Norma, the Roald Dahl is so sweet. I love that. :). Please share where you found your cute little houses in your guest room. They are just adorable!!!! I love your table runner, it looks wonderful on your table. Your family is so blessed to have Bruces dad make a meal for you and have great quality time as a family. Great photo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid binding on your Liberty table runner and Roald's words are words to live by, for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete