Friday, April 24, 2015

Measure twice.....

 
 
....cut once!  I did not take the advice from yesterdays post.
 
 
I'm starting a new quilt which I'd like to call the Gathering Baskets.  On the border I plan on having applique which will read, The Heart That Gives Gathers.

 
Notice the background of this basket......I forgot to add the additional 1/2 inch to the background, and I did not notice it until the applique was finished.  Rule number 3 from yesterday said ....It's not a mistake.  Its a creative opportunity!  This is not creative, however it was necessary.  Once it is quilted it most likely will not be noticeable. It will be my humility block, and lets hope it is the only one


Some of you have asked if my sewing room was always so orderly.....here is your answer. :-)  I had to get a picture of the sign over my table.
 

 
Another week has flown by.  Wishing you all a happy hearted week end.
 

"Give everyday the chance to become the most beautiful of your life." 
-Mark Twain


9 comments:

  1. Ooops!! But on the bright side...the baskets look wonderful! I think you have another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks more like my sewing space! Haha! Love Mark Twain's quote this morning. Have yourself a great, creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new quilt so far. "The heart that gives, gathers" just says it all. The colors are very nice. Grandma Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this quilt has baskets in it, it'll be another quilt I'm going to like and will have to add to my "To Do" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see your creative mess :-). I will have to make this quilt....baskets are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilting is a messy business--lol! I think you are right--that little fix will never show unless you point it out. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures of your studio make me feel MUCH better! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to what the quilt will look like in the end. I love basket quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i LOVE basket quilts too!!! Can't wait to see more progress on this beauty...I've done that little mistake too, a couple of times...oh well, i get upset & keep on going. I even ran out of fabric that I wanted to use for a binding- would have laughed at me trying to piece enough fabric together to make a 2inch wide binding...but i did it! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete