Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Hand That Gives Gathers......

 
 
.........the quilt is growing.  I've had some time in my sewing room, and I've made quite a mess.
 

My plan is for the quilt to be 36 inches square before the borders.
 

 
I'm about of ideas for baskets.....

....but I'm down to my last row......so I just need a bit more inspiration.

 
A basket from the final row to stitch on tonight.
 
I found this paragraph a while ago and have had it tucked away in my journal of quotes and decided today was the day to share it.
 
"Sadness gives depth.  Happiness gives height,  Sadness gives roots.  Happiness gives branches.  Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like roots going down into the womb of the earth.  Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes simultaneously.  The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots.  In fact it is always in proportion.  That's its balance."
-Osho, Indian spiritual teacher.
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Is this one of your designs? LOVE IT!! I am crazy about baskets...and gingerbread men, snowmen, stars, houses, sheep, haha...maybe I'm just crazy! Keep it going...it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Oh, oh.....I am LOVING your basket quilt!!! and I love all the scrappiness in fabrics you used too!!!! Love it, Love it! Can't wait to see how you finish this little beauty! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, love this quilt, is this your creation?? Will there be a pattern???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt and the blocks and the saying. I might use that one in the future, we got a tree to plant and that saying is exactly what i think when i see it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma! I love love love this! Hope there's a pattern soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norma! I love love love this! Hope there's a pattern soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you are working on and that quote is so true. It reminds of me my Mom. She is 91 yrs old and has buried everyone of her friends and relatives...yet she still smiles, she still finds a way to keep going...Beautiful and profound,
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely progress! The baskets and block mixtures are warm and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Norma, I love this new quilt of yours. I hope it will be a pattern!!! I also loved the 30's quilt from yesterday. Good job. Your creativity inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quote, how true it is. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Your baskets are also very lovely. Nice mix with the pieced blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this quilt! Who can resist baskets? :-)

    ReplyDelete