Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day.....

 
 
Peace is the highest aspiration of the American people.  Today we salute all of the men and women who died in defense of our great nation......and we especially honor and remember them with hearts filled with gratitude.
 

Feeling patriotic, so I decided to bring out my Patriotic Cat to greet visitors at my front door.  The pattern is available on my web site.
 


A few more pictures from still another quilt shop which we visited.  I loved this star......the fact is, stars are among my favorite quilt designs.
 

 
This is a design called A Walk In The Woods.  The cute little hedgehog is my favorite.


A beautiful red and green quilt.
 

 
More wonderful stars.

 
Houses.......my most favorite quilt design of all!

 
This quilt was entitled Always The Season...I found it to be festive and eye catching.


Tumbler blocks with a wonderful old Singer sewing machine.
 

 
Isn't it beautiful?
 
 
A bit of wool.....and once again a house.  We found new inspiration in every shop we visited.  I will have one last shop tomorrow, and that will bring us up to the start of market.  I've been busy once again inspecting the fabric I purchased, as I put it all away.  My mind is swirling with new ideas, and I am anxious to get caught up so that I can once again get time to create.  I have my basket quilt ready to take to the quilter, and then I am working on the pattern for my bowl of stars.  Busy times.
 
"The more rules you have about how people have to be, how life has to be for you to be happy....the less happy you're going to be."  -Anthony Robbins
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Loved all of the quilts!! Wonderful shop! Did you notice in the Tumbler Quilt that there was no matching...no lining up the next row! How easy would that be! I spent a ton of time lining my tumblers up. If you want a quick and gorgeous quilt this would be it! Thanks for sharing!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please give the locations and names of these wonderful shops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same "Red-eye" Singer treadle sewing machine, and it not only looks great but sews great too. I am so glad you got inspired on your travels, because your designs are delightful. Just can hardly wait to see what wonderful creations are in store for us to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the star quilt design where the stars have sort of a spider web looking center. Very different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. also loved the star quilt but would like to ask for the shop name as I live in Australia and am hoping to do some online shopping. The curved pieces in this quilt were eyecatching and different-thanks

    ReplyDelete