Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The last quilt shop before market.......

 
 
Since my return home, besides putting everything away, washing clothes and making my to do list, I've found time to stitch on a pattern I purchased some time ago at Country Threads.  It was love at first sight. However, I rarely find the  time to work on the designs of others.  I prepared this piece and took it with me on the trip and completed it last night.
 

This design which I just completed is called, 'A Gentle Life' by Threads That Bind.  Now I will have to call on the services of Abbie's husband Chad to make me a simple frame.  I have plans where I want to hang this, so I'll try to be patient!
 

 
I'm sorry that I have not been able to put a name to every shop we visited.  I have received inquiries about the shop names.  I'll try to name them in this blog entry.

 
I purchased a bit of fabric in each shop, and took pictures of my loot, so maybe that will help.



 
My fabric selection from the shop I featured yesterday....Quilter's Haven.
 
 

 
We stopped at a little shop called Quilting By The Hearth.  I did not take pictures at that shop, but they had bunches of great civil war fabric.



This was my fabric purchase from the first shop I featured at the shop in and old bowling alley.
 

 
Todays shop was called the Quilt Cove, and this is the fabric I could not resist at this shop.


 
The Calico Hutch Quilt shop is the second shop I featured where Brenda and I split the big pork tenderloin sandwich.  So I hope with these few hints, you might be able to figure out the information some of you have written and asked me for.  They were all great shops that I'd go back to without persuasion!  I really had good intentions about being disciplined and not buying fabric, but alas!

 
The kits for The wee 'Cottage Garden' quilt are just about completed and ready to place on my web site.  I will let you know when they are ready.
 
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude."   -  Winnie The Pooh
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I chuckled when I saw you finished "A Gentle Life" since I just purchased that pattern last month at Paducah for my sister! I also saw someone working on the same project last week at my wool applique group. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful purchases! I can't wait to see how you will use these beautiful fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting the names of the quilt shops that you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same "she seeketh wool and flax" project sitting on my cutting table to work on this summer. It spoke to me as well. I can see why couldn't resist all of your treasures that you purchased. They are all so fabulous...

    ReplyDelete