Wednesday, May 27, 2015

To Market.....

 
 
....after our shopping spree, it was time to get to work.  We put up the booth in record time, taking only a couple of hours.
 
 
Here is a tour of my booth.....


Every nook and cranny was filled.
 






After putting the booth together.....we found time to visit 2 more shops which I will share tomorrow.  Then we searched for a place to have dinner.....and returned home in time for Julie and Brenda to attend Sample Spree, while I spent a quiet evening in our hotel room.  It's interesting that I refer to going home.  Home became our cozy hotel room we returned home to at the end of the day.
 

 
We discovered the French Corner Bakery just a block away from our hotel. 

 
These crepes with fresh berries and whipped cream were a delightful, unexpected treat to start out our day.
 
I am a part of a little quilt group which meets monthly.  We have decided to make a quilt for the auction which will be held this fall, to raise money for Primary Children's Hospital.  We have decided to make Winter Wonderland.  So, today I appliqued my part of the quilt.  Also, I decided on a pattern to make a quilt for my niece's son Taylor who just graduated from high school.  My niece commissioned me to do this nearly a year ago, and here I am, just now starting it.  When I hear of people being bored, I'm puzzled.......as there are just not enough hours in the day to accomplish all I'd like to do.  Hope all is well in your world.  :-)
 
"Be kind and gentle and start with yourself."  -Katrina Mayer
 
 


9 comments:

  1. I am with you, Norma! NEVER enough time in the day to do everything that I want to do...that's why I get up so early!! haha Your booth was STUNNING! Everything Norma!! It reminded me a bit of Dawn's booth at Road...it was like a Timeless Traditions' Trunk Show! All of your quilts were hanging and I tell you, out hearts were racing! It was the highlight of the show for the Woolies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are amazing! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite designs are the churn dash with applique blocks and the Sweet Land of Liberty quilt. My most favorite thing is the picture of the crepes. I remember a chain of restaurants that crepes were their specialty. They were in malls. Loved their strawberry crepes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth looks terrific, and the pics of that crepe breakfast make me want to run to the kitchen and get to making some on this rainy Texas morning. Do you have plans to have a booth at the Houston Itern. Quilt Festival this coming October?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun to see your booth and oh that dessert! What is that rug made out of... the last booth picture? It looks like an old fashioned rag rug made on a rather wide loom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your booth looked great! And, how come I didn't find that bakery? Wow - that looks yuuuummmmmyy! I am always astounded when people say they are bored - I haven't been bored for 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely booth Norma, would love to see it in person sometime. Congratulations on the display,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting a peek at what your booth looks like....this one and the one in Sandy a few weeks ago. This set of your special quilts is just beautiful!

    Boredom is not a word in my vocabulary either.. In fact it wasn't allowed to be used at my house when the kids were young because there is so much to do or learn that being bored wasn't an option here.... :-)
    Shanna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your booth looks absolutely beautiful! I am a huge fan of yours and I love your patterns!

    ReplyDelete